SHOPPERS are expected to splurge billions this week as retailers unveil their biggest Black Friday deals.
UK shoppers are set to splash out a massive £9.4 billion this year, according to Statista.
* We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price.
- Shop Argos Black Friday deals here
- Shop John Lewis Black Friday deals here
- Shop Currys Black Friday deals here
Some £5.7bn of that will be spent online, and £3.4bn in stores.
Consumers are using the biggest shopping day of the year to get prepped for Christmas.
And retailers are getting ahead of the game this year too.
But for many brands – the discounts have already begun.
While there are plenty of bargains to be had, it’s always important to do your homework and avoid getting caught up in the spending frenzy.
Here are our top tips for bagging a bargain in the Black Friday sales – and our pick of the best early ones.
Most read in Money
A deal might look great, but not if you can get it cheaper elsewhere.
It always makes sense to compare prices to see where the best bargain is.
Naomi Willis, of money saving blog Skint Dad, said: “If you are planning to shop for a deal during the Black Friday sales, it’s best to start researching prices of things you’re interested in now.
“That way, when you see the sale price, you’ll know if you’re actually getting a bargain.”
Sites such as Pricerunner and Idealo can help you compare prices.
You can also set alerts that let you monitor when prices drop.
Some retailers offer price matching, so will lower the price if you see the same thing cheaper elsewhere, so it’s worth bearing this in mind even after you make a purchase.
Getting money off in a sale is great, but why not get some extra cash for yourself while you’re at it.
Using cashback sites such as Quidco and Topcashback could earn you money back off of any purchase you make.
Cashback sites strike deals with retailers and pay you for purchases you make online.
All you do is go to the usual website where you want to make a purchase – but instead of going direct, you go through the cashback site.
You earn a percentage of your purchase back.
When we checked, we saw cashback of up to 11 per cent at Boots through Topcashback, and up to 25 per cent cashback on purchases at Very through Quidco.
If you’re buying anything online, it’s worth searching to see if there’s a voucher code available too, as this could get you an even bigger discount.
If you follow your favourite retailers on social media you might get exclusive deals too.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
Make a list
It’s easy to get caught up in the Black Friday frenzy, but remember it’s only a bargain if you already wanted the item in the first place.
Retailers use lots of clever tech to move prices depending on demand, or make you feel pressured by telling you how many people are looking at the same item as you.
Don’t give in to the pressure.
While the sales are a great time to stock up on Christmas gifts, be sure to make a list of what you need before you start browsing.
Lots of websites let you make wish lists of items, which you can set up in advance.
You can then see how the prices change to give you an idea of whether you’re getting a good deal.
Lynn Beattie, founder of the Mrs Mummypenny blog, recommends unsubscribing from any marketing emails to help avoid the hype.
She said: “Don’t be tempted into ‘unbeatable’ offers and remember, Black Friday isn’t necessarily the best time to buy things.”
Watch out for scams
Unfortunately, Black Friday is also a time that’s rife with scam.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Make sure you’re on a legitimate website, and look out for the security padlock symbol before you share any card details.
You can check sites like Trustpilot for reviews of retailers to see what other customers think.
It’s usually better to use a credit card than a debit card for online purchases as then you are protected by Chargeback if anything goes wrong.
And always check for hidden costs, like added tax or shipping fees.
If you’re ordering something from abroad you might be stung by customs charges when it comes to be delivered.
Apple AirPods with Charging Case (2nd Gen)
- Was: £119. Now: £99. Saving: £20 – buy here
Philips Sonicare ExpertClean 7300 Electric Toothbrush
- Was: £169.99. Now: £89.99. Saving: £80 – buy here
BaByliss 9000 Cordless Curling Tong
- Was: £179.99. Now: £119.99. Saving: £60 – buy here
Black+Decker Cordless Combi Drill
- Was: £120. Now: £80. Saving: £40 – buy here
Toshiba 50” Smart 4K UHD HDR LED Freeview TV
- Was: £349. Now: £329. Saving: £20 – buy here
Samsung 75” Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
- Was: £899. Now: £779. Saving: £120 – buy here
Daewoo 17L Halogen Air Fryer
- Was: £67.99. Now: 33.99. Saving: £34 – buy here
Evo Ride On Toy Quad Bike with Rechargeable Battery
- Was: £149.99. Now: £74.99. Saving: £75 – buy here
5 Piece Cast Iron Pan Set in Cerise
- Was: £199.99. Now: £99.99. Saving: £100 – buy here
Tefal Handheld Garment Steamer
- Was: £39.99. Now: £23.99. Saving: £16 – buy here
- Was: £69.99. Now: £34.99. Saving: £35 – buy here
Dior Sauvage Eau de Parfum 100ml
- Was: £92. Now: £73.60. Saving: £18.40 – buy here
Samsung The Frame QLED Art Mode TV 50”
- Was: £1,099. Now: £979. Saving: £120 – buy here
Beats Solo Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Was: £170. Now: £129. Saving: £41 – buy here
Monica Vinader Deia Slim Hoop Gold Earrings
- Was: £125. Now: £93.75. Saving: £31.25 – buy here
More Black Friday Tech Deals
Apple Pencil (2nd Gen)
- Was: £119. Now: £99.99 Saving: £19.01 – buy here
Kenwood Prospero Compact Stand Mixer
- Was: £189.99. Now: £104.99. Saving: £85 – buy here
GoPro Waterproof Action Camera with Front LCD and Touch Rear Screens
Was: £479.99. Now £429.99. Saving: £50 – buy here
Flash Powermop Starter Kit
- Was: £32. Now: £19.49. Saving: £12.51 – buy here
Logitech StreamCam Live Streaming Webcam
- Was: £139. Now: £75.99. Saving: £63.01 – buy here
CleverSpa IBEAM Waikiki Hot Tub
- Was: £441. Now: £291. Saving: £150 – buy here
Hollywood Garden Storage Box
- Was: £33. Now: £16. Saving: £17 – buy here
Erbauer 18V Cordless Combi Drill & Impact Driver
- Was: £150. Now: £100. Saving: £50 – buy here
Malmo LED Electric Stove
- Was £98. Now: £60. Saving: £38 – buy here
Henry Vacuum Cleaner
- Was: £140. Now: £90. Saving: £50 – buy here
More Black Friday Homeware Deals
Sanctuary Spa Signature Showstopper Gift Set
- Was: £45. Now: £20. Saving: £25 – buy here
Revolution Advent Calendar 2021
- Was: £80. Now: £30. Saving: £50 – buy here
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh Eau de Toilette 75ml
- Was: £70. Now: £49. Saving: £21 – buy here
Oral-B Genius 8000 Black Electric Toothbrush
- Was: £279.99. Now: £89.99. Saving: £190 – buy here
L’Oreal paris Lash Paradise Mascara Duo Set
- Was: £21.50. Now: £15.05. Saving: £6.45 – buy here
Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device
- Was: £449. Now: £329. Saving: £120 – buy here
Fitbit Charge 4 Black
- Was: £129.99. Now: £94.99. Saving: £35 – buy here
Remington Shine Therapy Hair Straightener
- Was: £79. Now: £22.50. Saving: £56.50 – buy here
Lancome Glow, Volume, Hydration Gift Set
- Was: £70. Now: £35. Saving: £35 – buy here
YSL Y Mens Eau de Parfum 100ml
- Was: £86. Now: £68.80. Saving: £17.20 – buy here
More Beauty Black Friday Deals
Tassimo by Bosch Coffee Machine
- Was: £79.99. Now: £29. Saving: £50.99 – buy here
Samsung 85” Smart 8K HDR Neo SQLED TV
- Was: £5,999. Now: £4,999. Saving: £1,000 – buy here
Breville Obliq Jug Kettle
- Was: £79.99. Now: £37.99. Saving: £42 – buy here
Segway Ninebot Electric Folding Scooter
- Was: £399. Now: £289. Saving: £110 – buy here
Tommee Tippee Dreamee Video Baby Monitor
- Was: £199.99. Now: £149.99. Saving: £50 – buy here
More Black Friday Fashion Deals
Lauren by Ralph Lauren Insulated Coat
- Was: £189. Now: £132. Saving: £57 – buy here
Shark Cordless Vacuum Cleaner with Anti Hair Wrap
- Was: £349. Now: £189. Saving: £160 – buy here
Tommy Hilfger Iconic Rose Gold Watch
- Was: £289. Now: £179. Saving: £110 – buy here
DKNY Bryant Wristley Pouch
- Was: £95. Now: £66. Saving: £29 – buy here
Cyberjammies Slouch Jersey Louch Pyjama Set
- Was: £45. Now: £34. Saving: £11 – buy here
Enjoyed our roundup of the best Black Friday deals 2021 in the UK? Check out everything you need to know about Cyber Monday in our guide here too.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Money team?
Email us at email@example.com