The European Eventing Championships showjumping action gets underway this morning (26 September) at 10am (BST), and it is set to be a nail-biting conclusion to the competition. Here, we take a walk around the European Eventing Championships showjumping course to check out the fences that stand in-between horses, riders and glory.
The British team are in gold medal position after yesterday’s cross-country action, with Britain’s Nicola Wilson also sat in individual gold medal position. It is very tight at the top too, with just four penalties separating the top seven combinations, so wait and see if the European Eventing Championships showjumping course proves to be influential…
Fence six A
Fence six B (one stride from fence six A)
Fence six C (two strides from fence six B)
Fence nine A
Fence nine B (one stride from fence nine A)
Approximate European Eventing Championships showjumping times
- Nicola Wilson and JL Dublin (team), individual first overnight: 2.48pm local time (1.48pm British time)
- Piggy March and Brookfield Inocent (team), individual fourth overnight: 2.42pm local time (1.42pm British time)
- Sarah Bullimore and Corouet (individual), individual fifth overnight: 2.40pm local time (1.40pm British time)
- Kitty King and Vendredi Biats (team), individual seventh overnight: 2.36pm local time (1.36pm British time)
- Izzy Taylor and Monkeying Around (individual), individual 10th overnight: 2.30pm local time (1.30pm British time)
- Ros Canter and Allstar B (team), individual 55th overnight: 11.06am local time (10.06am British time)
View all the results and times from the European Championships.
You might also be interested in:
Horse & Hound magazine, out every Thursday, is packed with all the latest news and reports, as well as interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and training advice. Find how you can enjoy the magazine delivered to your door every week, plus options to upgrade your subscription to access our online service that brings you breaking news and reports as well as other benefits.