Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, and today in healthcare news:
- Why biotech VCs think manufacturing is about to explode with new investments;
- See the presentation holistic care navigator Kensho Health used to raise its seed round;
- Experts share tips on how to manage pandemic-related stress.
VCs reveal the long-overlooked part of biotech that's primed to explode with new companies and investments
- After decades of neglect, manufacturing has grown into an active investment space in biotech.
- The pandemic exposed the importance of having production power on hand.
- Increasingly complex technologies behind drugs are driving demand and leading to new startups.
See the presentation that a burned-out tech employee used to raise $3.5 million for her quest to create the Yelp for holistic healthcare
- Kensho Health raised $3.5 million in seed funding to help people find holistic healthcare providers.
- Kensho's software lets users search for and review acupuncturists, breath specialists, and others.
'Covanxiety' is making a comeback as COVID-19 cases ramp up. Mental-health experts share tips for managing it.
- Rising coronavirus cases in the US have prompted a resurgence of pandemic-related stress.
- Psychologists shared seven tips for managing this "covanxiety."
- Giving back to others and limiting news intake are helpful strategies, they said.
More stories we're reading:
- Personal Essay: I was completely against the vaccine but changed my mind after doing my own research. Everyone should do the same. (Insider)
- SoftBank has built a $5 billion stake in Roche as it pushes deeper into biotech and pharma (Bloomberg)
- WHO tells wealthy countries to stop giving out booster shots until poorer nations get more vaccines (Insider)
- Theranos patients could be the biggest wildcard in Elizabeth Holmes' upcoming trial (The Wall Street Journal)
- No, it's not a HIPAA violation for businesses to ask for proof you've been vaccinated. Here's what the healthcare privacy law actually means and what it protects. (Insider)