- Chuck Grassley, the GOP Senator from Iowa who's third in line to the presidency, has tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- Grassley confirmed his diagnosis on Tuesday, explaining via a press statement that he feels fine, is in quarantine and following doctors' orders and CDC guidelines.
- To date, more than 11.3 million COVID-19 infections have been confirmed in the US, according to Johns Hopkins University.
Not that anyone needs any reminders of this, but the terrifying pathogen behind the coronavirus pandemic is no respecter of boundaries, status, geography, or political affiliation. The COVID-19 virus, which has claimed more than 248,000 American lives thus far according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins University, is also rampaging through the nation's capital at the moment -- having forced Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott to go into quarantine after coming into contact with a COVID-positive person. And now, 87-year-old Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley, the oldest GOP senator and third in line to the presidency, confirmed on Tuesday that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
Today's Best Deal
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon’s week-long Black Friday 2020 sale is official – here are all the best deals
- Amazon’s Black Friday TV deals just launched with prices from $80
- Why pay $100+ for 3M N95 masks when these $2 FDA-authorized masks work even better?
Trending Right Now:
- These are the side effects of Moderna’s groundbreaking coronavirus vaccine
- Stop doing these things immediately, or Dr. Fauci says you risk catching COVID-19
- Dr. Fauci says there’s only one man to blame if coronavirus vaccines are delayed
Chuck Grassley, the GOP Senator who’s 3rd in line to the presidency, has COVID-19 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 21:37:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.