When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- If you're not an Amazon Prime member, shipping is free with a purchase of $25 or more, but not all items on the site count toward that $25 order total.
- While free shipping is only one of the many perks of an Amazon Prime membership, it's definitely one of the best.
- Shopping on Amazon costs more and takes longer without a Prime membership, so if you're a regular online shopper, it's worth signing up.
- Prepare for the Prime member-exclusive event, Amazon Prime Day 2020, by reading all of our coverage of the event.
An Amazon Prime subscription offers its members many benefits (more than 25, in fact), but one of the best and most popular perks is free two-day shipping. The convenience of purchases delivered straight to your door, sometimes only within hours of ordering, is well worth the annual cost of Prime alone — long-time members will tell you.
If you're in the Contiguous US and willing to pay the yearly fee, you'll have a handful of different shipping options at your disposal, year-round:
- One-Day Shipping: free
- Two-Day Shipping: free
- Same-Day Delivery: free on orders over $35 or $3 per order
- Prime Now: free 2-hour delivery in eligible zip codes
- Amazon Day Delivery: free weekly delivery on a day you choose
- No-Rush Shipping: free
- Standard Shipping: free shipping within 4 to 5 business days
- Release-Date Delivery: free on qualifying pre-order items
No matter how many benefits Prime membership offers, it's inevitably up to you to determine if it's worth the cost to join. Whether it's because you're not much of an online shopper or you just don't feel like the $119 membership is for you, you can still find ways to qualify for free shipping that's fast enough.
Non-Prime members have to order at least $25 of eligible items to get free shipping, and orders aren't guaranteed to arrive within two days. If you order less than $25, you'll be charged an additional fee, which varies on the shipment weight and selected shipping speed. If you want same-day delivery, you could pay up to $10 per item.
If you're not a member, you might want to try Prime out for free with a 30-day trial. With Amazon Prime Day 2020 slated to take place over October 13 and 14, it's the perfect time to sign up and take advantage of the exceptional deals to come.