- Beloved diner owner remembered with memorial after deadly fire that killed three
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner's mom says she screamed 'from the bottom of my soul' after son's death
- You can actually buy fancy hotel pillows and bedding to get that perfect vacation sleep at home
- Fave 5: Travel essentials every frequent flyer needs
- McAllen praised for 'remarkable' diplomatic outreach south of the border, economic gains
AG: No criminal acts committed by subject in downtown Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE, La. (Louisiana First) — Louisiana Attorney General Liz Murrill announced Wednesday afternoon there was no active threat at the Livingston Building in downtown Baton Rouge. Calls about a possible active shooter went out earlier in the day.
Officials said the situation was under control and one person was taken into custody.
According to an update from the attorney general's office, "Earlier this morning, the Louisiana Department of Justice received secondhand information stating that a subject possibly suffering from emotional distress was coming to the Attorney General’s Office and was believed to be in possession of a rifle."
The subject was found by agents near the state Capitol. Officials said he wanted to speak with agents about a situation and file a complaint.
Murrill's office said the subject lawfully possessed a gun in his car and committed no criminal acts. He was released.