A SAVVY parent has revealed a simple faff-free trick to stop kids getting bored on long car journeys.
They revealed the clever hack in a TikTok video and it has the internet in a spin racking up more than 70,000 likes.A parent revealed a way to stop the kids getting bored in the car[/caption]
In the clip – captioned: “How to keep kids busy in the car,” a child beams at the camera delighted with the new found entertainment.
She can then be seen doodling on the windows of the car with a coloured pen.
It’s revealed these are actually washable markers as she wipes the window clean.
Viewers were quick to voice their opinions in the comments section and while some loved the idea others were less convinced.
“Great idea!” wrote one, “thank you for this,” said another.
While a third offered: “Its all fun and games til they draw on the seat,” and a fourth added: “Still a ummm no no matter how washable sorry.”
It comes as a mum invented a genius hack to get the kids to bed on time.
The woman, called Lauren, shared that the simple parenting hack had cut the process of getting her kids ready for bed from one hour to just 10 minutes.
In a video posted to TikTok by the Baby Centre UK, the mum can be seen demonstrating how to use a special checklist detailing everything her children needed to do before bed.
She explained: “This has been a game-changer in our household – my amazing mother made these for my kids because bedtime has been disastrous.
“I have never seen my kids more excited to brush their teeth and put on their pyjamas and read a book before
“It has turned our bedtime routine from 30 minutes maybe to an hour, to ten minutes. Amazing.”In a TikTok video the trick is revealed to be washable markers[/caption]
10 car hacks every mum needs to know
Silicone cupcake liners
- This ingenious hack will make sure that your cup holders never get filled with dust and crumbs ever again.
- By putting a silicone cupcake liner in the slot, you can easily keep all of your belongings neat and tidy, without all the mess.
DIY DVD case
- If you take an old DVD case, you can let your kids use the flat surface as a rest for their paper and pens.
- They will then have an easy surface to draw on and keep them occupied for the long car journeys.
- Whether you’re going on a long trip or just going out for an hour – it’s always key to keep a pillow or two in your car.
- Just in case you or your kids drift off, the nap will be much better with a cushioned head rest.
Makeshift car bin
- You can put a bin bag in a plastic cereal dispenser, open the lid, and dispose of your rubbish.
- It’s the perfect way to keep everything tidy – and you can also close the lid to keep the odours in while you drive.
Backseat storage hacks
- You can put a canvas bag on the back of your seat in the car to keep everything organised in another incredible trick.
- Your little ones in the back seat will be able to keep all their toys and belongings in order, slotting everything into their designated spots.
Organise the boot
- Buying some hooks and organisers can make a world of a difference to your boot.
- For long trips where you may have lots of items to store, this genuis hack is the best way to keep things neat and tidy.
Snack box hack
- A great way to keep your kids occupied while on a long journey is by fuelling them with snack boxes.
- Will up with their favourite healthy snacks and treats, and keep their custom boxes tucked away until they’re hungry.
DIY travel tray
- If your tots struggle with keeping things on their laps while they’re in the car, here’s a hack you need.
- Grab a flat baking tray from the kitchen and let them stack their games, tables, and other bits and bobs on top of it while in the car.
- Keeping the whole family’s snacks all in one spot is a great way to reduce mess and keep things orderly during car journeys.
- Fill up the hamper with water, snacks, sandwiches, or any other items you may need so that when lunchtime hits you know exactly where everything is.
- Fill a folder with colouring books, stickers, magazines, and all their favourite passtimes so that they’re never bored in the car.
- And if they love reading, make sure you’ve got a new book to hand to keep them busy while on the road.