LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) - A house fire occurred on the 1000 block of North Pierce St. early Tuesday morning.
The 94-year-old owner of the home was able to make it out without injury, but her two cats did not survive the fire.
The homeowner was watching television when she noticed a popping sound coming from the plug of her window A/C heat unit.
Curtains near the unit caught on fire, which quickly spread throughout the house.
The fire was extinguished after 15 minutes and the home sustained major damage.