Micah Parsons and the Cowboys should do well, but one defense has an even better matchup.
Start ‘Em, Sit 'Em is the ultimate look at the best and worst matchups based on a PPR scoring system in fantasy football. This column will not cover the elite players in the NFL like Josh Allen, Jonathan Taylor or Cooper Kupp. Instead, I'll look at the players you have questions about who could exceed or fail to meet expectations at each position. For all of your final fantasy lineup decisions, be sure to check out my weekly player rankings which will be updated daily throughout the NFL season.
Fabs Top 10 Defenses
1. Browns D/ST vs. Steelers (TNF)
2. Chargers D/ST vs. Jaguars
3. Bengals D/ST at Jets
4. Chiefs D/ST at Colts
5. Bills D/ST at Dolphins
6. Eagles D/ST at Commanders
7. Saints D/ST at Panthers
8. Rams D/ST at Cardinals
9. Cowboys D/ST at Giants (MNF)
10. Buccaneers D/ST vs. Packers
Week 3 Start ‘Em: Defenses
Start of the Week
Chiefs D/ST at Colts (1 p.m. ET, CBS): The Chiefs defense recorded 10 fantasy points against the Chargers, and a matchup against the struggling Colts make this a nice streaming option. Their offense is tied for the most giveaways (6) and has allowed seven sacks of Matt Ryan and 15 big plays in their first two contests.
Cowboys D/ST at Giants (Mon. 8:15 p.m. ET, ESPN): The loss of Dak Prescott has hurt the Cowboys offense, but their defense is still one of the top units in the NFL and fantasy football. The Giants offense doesn’t have a top-flight talent aside from Saquon Barkley, and Daniel Jones has been known to turn the football over.
- Chargers D/ST vs. Jaguars (4:05 p.m. ET, CBS)
- Bengals D/ST at Jets (1 p.m. ET, CBS)
- Falcons D/ST at Seahawks (4:25 p.m. ET, Fox)
- Falcons D/ST at Seahawks ($2,700)
- Panthers D/ST vs. Saints ($2,600)
Week 3 Sit ‘Em: Defenses
Sit of the Week
Patriots D/ST vs. Ravens (1 p.m. ET, Fox): New England’s defense is coming off an eight-point performance last week, but I’m sitting this regressing unit against Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. Defenses have recorded just one giveaway, two sacks and they have scored the third-fewest fantasy points against Baltimore.
Broncos D/ST vs. 49ers (8:20 p.m. ET, NBC): The Broncos defense produced seven fantasy points last week, but I’d beware this unit against Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49ers. Defenses have produced just three sacks and forced two giveaways (two sacks and both giveaways were in a rainstorm in Week 1) against the Niners.
- Dolphins D/ST vs. Bills (1 p.m. ET, CBS)
- Colts D/ST vs. Chiefs (1 p.m. ET, CBS)
- Cardinals D/ST vs. Rams (4:25 p.m. ET, Fox)
- Vikings D/ST vs. Lions ($3,200)
- Titans D/ST vs. Raiders ($2,800)
Fabs Top 10 Kickers
1. Tyler Bass at Dolphins
2. Matt Gay at Cardinals
3. Justin Tucker at Patriots
4. Greg Joseph vs. Lions
5. Jake Elliott at Vikings
6. Evan McPherson at Jets
7. Daniel Carlson at Titans
8. Dustin Hopkins vs. Jaguars
9. Cade York vs. Steelers (TNF)
10. Matt Ammendola at Colts
Week 3 Start ‘Em: Kickers
Start of the Week
Matt Gay at Cardinals (4:25 p.m. ET, Fox): Gay ranks tied for a modest 19th in fantasy points among kickers after two weeks, but this is a good week to start him. SI Sportsbook has the O/U of this game at 50, and the Cardinals have allowed an average of 11.5 fantasy points per game to opposing kickers so far this season.
- Evan McPherson at Jets (1 p.m. ET, CBS)
- Jake Elliott at Commanders (1 p.m. ET, Fox)
- Dustin Hopkins vs. Jaguars (4:05 p.m. ET, CBS)
Week 3 Sit ‘Em: Kickers
Sit of the Week
Brandon McManus vs. 49ers (8:20 p.m. ET, NBC): McManus ranks second in fantasy points among kickers after two weeks, but I’d beware this week’s game against the 49ers. Dating back to last season, their defense has allowed seven or fewer fantasy points to opposing kickers in six of their last eight contests.
- Jason Sanders vs. Patriots (1 p.m. ET, CBS)
- Mason Crosby at Buccaneers (4:25 p.m. ET, Fox)
- Nick Folk vs. Ravens (1 p.m. ET, CBS)
More fantasy & NFL coverage:
- Week 3 Waiver Wire
- IDP Waiver Wire Report
- Week 3 Good News, Bad News
- Early Week 3 Waiver Wire Pickups
- Top 10 Week 2 Fantasy Takeaways
- Fantasy Impact: Trey Lance Out, Jimmy Garoppolo In
- Week 3 Power Rankings
Michael Fabiano is an award-winning fantasy football analyst on Sports Illustrated and a member of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association (FSWA) Hall of Fame. Click here to read all his articles here on SI Fantasy. You can follow Michael on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for your late breaking fantasy news and the best analysis in the business to help you win a fantasy championship!