‘Utterly Horrified’ Beatrice and Eugenie in ‘crisis talks’ with King Charles
Searches are continuing at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s homes this weekend as his two daughters are said to be in ‘crisis talks’.
Princess Beatrice, 37, and Princess Eugenie, 35, are said to be ‘utterly horrified’ after their dad was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday.
It came after more allegations were made against him regarding information passed on to paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
The former prince’s two daughters are said to be ‘utterly horrified’ seeing their dad driven out of Aylsham Police Station, but are holding talks with their uncle King Charles, a source told the Daily Mail.
Beatrice and Eugenie are at risk of not only losing out financially, but also in terms of social status.
Sign up for all of the latest stories
Start your day informed with Metro's News Updates newsletter or get Breaking News alerts the moment it happens.
Andrew is the first senior royal to be arrested in modern times, and was pictured looking shell-shocked leaving Aylsham Police Station in Norfolk.
Despite King Charles firmly stating ‘the law must take its course’ as well as stripping Andrew of all his royal titles months ago, there are calls to remove him from the line of succession.
He is currently eighth in line to inherit the throne.
Princess Eugenie was holidaying in Gstaad – an exclusive Swiss ski resort – when Andrew was arrested.
She was said to be ‘in a state’ after hearing the news her dad was taken into custody.
Images have shown police entering his properties on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk and Royal Lodge in Windsor over the last three days.
Searches are continuing in the latter over the weekend, while enquiries into the Norfolk home will resume on Monday.
Andrew has denied any wrongdoing over his links to the convicted sex offender, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.
He spent 11 hours in custody after police woke him up on his birthday on the Sandringham estate.
At the same time police arrived 140 miles away at Royal Lodge in Windsor, where Andrew lived up until three weeks ago.
Charles attended the first show of London Fashion Week on Thursday, hours after Andrew’s arrest, where he did not respond when asked for his reaction to the news.
During a visit to a concert in Westminster that afternoon, the Queen also did not reply to a question about her brother-in-law’s arrest.
Scotland Yard previously said it was looking into allegations Andrew’s protection officers turned a ‘blind eye’ to his visits to Epstein’s island, Little St James.
Detectives from Thames Valley Police, who are leading the investigation, have asked Andrew’s former close protection officers to ‘consider carefully whether anything they saw or heard’ which could be relevant to the investigation into Epstein and his associates.
The Metropolitan Police said it was working with counterparts in the US to establish whether London airports had been used to ‘facilitate human trafficking and sexual exploitation’.
Police are yet to identify any wrongdoing by close protection officers.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.
For more stories like this, check our news page.