‘High demand’ for Agrofest
Chief Executive Officer of the Barbados Agricultural Society (BAS), James Paul, says this year’s Agrofest is already bursting at the seams, with organisers forced to turn away some vendors as interest surpasses last year’s levels.
During a press conference in Queen’s Park, The City, yesterday to launch the annual agricultural exhibition to be held there February 27 to March 1, he said the BAS was fully prepared for the showcase and encouraged Barbadians to come out in strong support of the sector.
“We have some challenges because . . . with the elections on there were distractions and even some of our stakeholders and suppliers, goods and services, they would have been distracted. But, you know, I think we have a very good footprint. So, as it stands right now, we are prepared.”
Paul said that vendor demand had exceeded expectations.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
The post ‘High demand’ for Agrofest appeared first on nationnews.com.