Reyes (12-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) takes on Ulberg (9-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 297 on Jan. 20 at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto. The bout was announced during the UFC 295 broadcast this past Saturday.
Since pushing Jon Jones to the brink in their title fight at UFC 247 in February 2020, Reyes has struggled in the octagon. The 33-year-old has lost four straight – including stoppage losses to Jan Blachowicz, Jiri Prochazka, and most recently Ryan Spann in November 2022.
Meanwhile, Ulberg is experiencing an opposite career trajectory. The City Kickboxing standout rebounded from his UFC debut loss to Kennedy Nzechukwu with five-straights wins, most recently a third-round submission of Da-Un Jung at UFC 293. Ulberg called Reyes out after his win, and got his wish.
With the addition, the current UFC 297 lineup includes:
- Sean Strickland vs. Dricus Du Plessis – for middleweight title
- Raquel Pennington vs. Mayra Bueno Silva – for vacant women’s bantamweight title
- Neil Magny vs. Mike Malott
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- Arnold Allen vs. Movsar Evloev
- Dominick Reyes vs. Carlos Ulberg
- Garrett Armfield vs. Brad Katona
- Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Chris Curtis
- Charles Jourdain vs. Sean Woodson
- Gillian Robertson vs. Polyana Viana
- Serhiy Sidey vs. Ramon Taveras
- Jimmy Flick vs. Malcolm Gordon
- Yohan Lainesse vs. Sam Patterson
For more on the card, visit MMA Junkie’s event hub for UFC 297.