Tesco slashes price of Easter treats to just £2 – but there’s a catch
TESCO has slashed prices across a range of Easter treats to just £2 – but not everyone will be able to get that at that price.
The major supermarket has launched a limited time offer on eggs, chocolate bars and other goodies.Tesco has slashed the price across dozens of Easter treats[/caption]
Shoppers can get up to 43% off from today until March 14.
But there’s a slight catch though – the offer is exclusively available to Clubcard shoppers only.
That means you have to sign up to the supermarket’s loyalty scheme to get the discounts.
You can get a Tesco Clubcard for free and earn points as you shop, as well as getting cheaper prices.
Some of the biggest bargains are on large 200g Easter eggs for £2 across a range of brands including Cadbury and Maltesers.
You can also pick up a Cadbury Mini Egg chocolate bar for £2 – down from £3.50.
Shoppers who have spotted the bargain deals have already been raving about them online.
One chocolate lover posted the find on deal-finding site Hot UK Deals and quickly gained a 800C heat rating – meaning others agreed it was a cracking deal.
One user commented: “Thank you, lots of grandchildren to buy for so this will help.”
Another said: “Thank you for find, I was wondering when Tesco would have their promotion!”
We’ve rounded up the full list of the eggs and chocolate treats available in the offer as well as the price and saving.
- Cadbury Mini Egg Bar 360G – was £3.50, now £2 (£1.50 saving)
- Maltesers Teasers Chocolate Egg 220G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Egg & Mini Milk Eggs 230G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Twix Milk Chocolate Large Easter Egg 246G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Galaxy Enchanted Eggs Chocolate Easter Egg 206G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Mars Chocolate Egg 252G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Celebrations Chocolate Egg 220G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- M&Ms Brownie Chocolate Egg 222G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Smarties Orange Chocolate Egg 226G – was £2, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Kit Kat Milk Chocolate Easter Egg Large 208G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Aero Peppermint Chocolate Egg 222G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Kit Kat Chunky Milk Chocolate Egg 230G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Smarties Milk Chocolate Egg 226G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Mini Eggs Easter Egg 193.5G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Cadbury Caramel Easter Egg 195G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Cadbury Giant Buttons Easter Egg 195G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange White Chocolate Egg 230G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- M&M’s Crispy Large Chocolate Egg 222G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
- Cadbury Twirl Orange Easter Egg 198G – was £3, now £2 (£1 saving)
It always pays to compare prices so you know you’re getting the best deal.
Prices can also vary day to day and by what deals are on at the time, plus remember you might pay for delivery if you’re ordering online.
You can compare prices on websites like Google shopping and Trolley.co.uk – which compares the prices of 130,000 products across 14 major supermarkets.
The Latest Deals app also lets you search items and lets you compare prices at several supermarkets to see where it’s cheaper.
We used Trolley.co.uk to compare some of the eggs prices at other supermarkets.
Morrisons is the only shop you can find most of the eggs including Maltesers Teasers, Celebrations, Cadbury Caramel and Terry’s Chocolate Orange eggs for 1p less than Tesco at £1.99 – and you don’t need to be signed up to a loyalty scheme.
Other supermarkets including Sainsbury’s and Asda are selling the majority of the eggs for £3 – although Asda does have a 4-for-£10 deal on at the moment.
Meanwhile, Cadbury has scrapped an iconic Easter treat a decade after its introduction and fans are “fuming”.
And, Morrisons has slashed prices on dozens of its large eggs to £1.99, including Cadbury, Rolo and Celebrations versions.
Do you have a money problem that needs sorting? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com