I’M A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! fans are all in agreement about Boy George’s ‘annoying’ habit.
Viewers are finding the 80s pop star’s chanting increasingly grating as they tune in for the latest antics from the jungle.Fans are beginning to find Boy George’s chanting ‘annoying’[/caption] The singer starts his day with loud chants while others are still asleep[/caption]
Boy George, 61, has previously explained that he meditates and chants as part of his Buddhist beliefs.
But fans are not convinced they could cope listening to the Culture Club star making so much noise – especially at the crack of dawn.
Taking to Twitter, one admitted: “I’m over the chanting already.”
Another agreed: “Honestly I can’t cope with my boyfriend’s snoring at the best of times… but Boy George’s daily chanting while I’m sleeping would send me over the edge.”
READ MORE ON I'M A CELEBRITY
A third chimed in: “That chanting would get on my nerves so quick.”
And a fourth said: “If Boy George was waking me up EVERY MORNING with his meditation and chanting let me tell you he’d need more than meditation.”
Boy George – real name George Alan O’Dowd – was born into an Irish family and was raised as a Catholic.
But after giving up booze and drugs, he converted to Nichiren Buddhism.
Most read in I’m A Celebrity
Before jetting out to Australia, George admitted he was likely to annoy some people on I’m A Celebrity with his meditation and chanting.
He said: “I can hopefully find a space where I can do that because I think that will keep me more sane.”
He also said in the Bush Telegraph: “Buddhism and chanting is about lifting your energy and lifting your spirits.”
I'm A Celebrity 2022 - here's everything you need to know
- Where is I’m A Celebrity 2022 filmed?
- How to vote on I’m A Celebrity
- Where are Ant and Dec staying?
- I’m A Celebrity full line up – meet all the contestants
- Who is Boy George?
- All about Sue Cleaver
- I’m A Celebrity contestant Owen Warner explained
- Everything to know about England footballer Jill Scott
- Who is Chris Moyles?
- Royal family member Mike Tindall explained
- All about former Strictly bad boy Seann Walsh
- First ever Love Island star Olivia Attwood enters the jungle
- All about Charlene White
- Who is Googlebox star Babatunde Aleshe?
- A Place in the Sun’s Scarlette Douglas joins the cast