I’ve been re-reading Hatching Twitter, Nick Bilton’s juicy, page-turner of an origin story about the company that’s now in the hands of Elon Musk, and one thing that grabs you from the first few chapters is the degree to which some of the same problems it's facing now have been dogging the company pretty much from day one.
No, this is not going to be an absolution of the Burnt Hair salesman who’s spent his early days in charge of Twitter by manically laying off thousands of workers, demanding code freezes, brainstorming about Twitter while using Twitter, and generally flailing so far in search of a financially sustainable path forward. In point of fact, though, a version of this same thing has been part of Twitter’s DNA since it was a mere side hustle cobbled together by employees working for a failed podcasting startup.
The post Twitter had tons of problems long before Elon got there appeared first on BGR.
Today's Top Deals
- 47 best Black Friday deals you can already shop at Amazon
- Today’s deals: Black Friday Apple deals, $89 AirPods, $20 off Apple Watch Ultra, LG OLED TVs, more
- Amazon Black Friday Ad 2022: Best deals, dates, & more
- Best Black Friday deals 2022: Sales, date, and predictions
Trending Right Now:
- New genetically engineered houseplant cleans air as efficiently as 30 plants
- YouTube TV finally adds a feature that it should have had all along
- 8 useful Netflix settings you probably don’t even know about
Twitter had tons of problems long before Elon got there originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 15 Nov 2022 at 08:10:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.