GROUP E’s second round of World Cup fixtures involve a mouth-watering encounter between Japan and Costa Rica in Ar-Rayyan.
The Japanese are no strangers to football’s biggest cup competition as they have qualified for the last seven consecutive tournaments.Japan’s celebrations were wild after securing a Qatar 2022 World Cup spot[/caption] Heung-min Son’s late free-kick forced Costa Rica to share the spoils with Japan[/caption]
But sealing their spot for Qatar may have been the most difficult yet as two last-gasp goals from substitute Kaoru Mitoma in Australia got the job done.
And now, Hajime Moriyasu’s men face a tough task of collecting three points from Costa Rica who have experience of winning on this ground before.
However, Los Ticos suffered heartbreak against the last East Asian opponent they came up against courtesy of a wonder strike from Tottenham Hotspur ace Son Heung-min.
What time does Japan vs Costa Rica kick off?
- Japan are scheduled to encounter Costa Rica on Sunday, November 27.
- It is expected to kick off at 10am UK time – 12pm local time.
- Ahmad bin Ali Stadium in Ar-Rayyan, Qatar is the designated venue for this match and it can host up to 44,760 fans.
- Costa Rica have failed to beat Japan on all five occasions these two sides have met each other.
Read More on World Cup
What TV channel is Japan vs Costa Rica on and can it be live streamed?
- Japan vs Costa Rica will be broadcasted LIVE on ITV in the UK.
- Viewers also have the option to stream the entire action live via the ITV website or ITV hub.
- ITV hub is available to download on your preferred mobile phone or tablet device.
Most read in Football
Can I watch Japan vs Costa Rica for FREE?
Yes. Japan’s Group E fixture against Costa Rica is available to watch for FREE in the UK so long as you have a valid TV license.