A 20-YEAR-OLD student was left with her face swollen and looking like a ball after she had her lip filler dissolved.
Horrified Isis de Oliveira Almeida Pinheiro was left horrified by the procedure which she had an allergic reaction too, causing her face to swell up.Isis was left horrified by the effects the allergic reaction had[/caption] The 20-year-old has put off any cosmetic procedures for the future[/caption]
The terrifying reaction set in just minutes after hyaluronidase – generally used to dissolve old fillers – was injected into her lip on 1st September.
Psychology student Isis posted footage of the mishap to TikTok on 2nd September, and the video soon went viral with over 1.5 million views.
Isis – from Palmas, Tocantins state, northern Brazil – explained how she had gone to get hyaluronic acid injected into her lips for a third time, to plump them up.
But the procedure went wrong and one side of her lip became fuller than the other, so she had hyaluronidase injected to balance the hyaluronic acid.
READ MORE BEAUTY FAILS
Little did Isis know that she would suffer an extreme allergic reaction to the enzyme, which began to swell immediately.
She told local media: “First we tried to shape it, because hyaluronic acid in the first days can be shaped, but there was an excessive accumulation of the product and it didn’t work.
“We also tried perforating to squeeze it out but it didn’t work out. Then the last time I went, we applied hyaluronidase, which I later learnt has a very strong allergic potential.”
Isis said that her face started to swell uncontrollably as soon as she was given the enzyme.
Most read in Fabulous
She told local media: “In an hour everything was already very swollen. I rushed to hospital, they gave me adrenaline, steroids, anti-allergic drugs and there was time for everything to calm down.”
She added: “I was very scared because it happened very fast. And I was feeling a lot of pain. My mouth hurt a lot, I couldn’t see because my eye had closed a lot.
“I kept thinking that I was going to end up with some after-effect, that my face would end up not going back to normal.
“I was very scared, thinking ‘my God, what did I do?’ and very scared of something worse happening.”
Isis revealed that it took four days for her face to go back to normal. She says she does not plan to get any more cosmetic procedures done any time soon.
She explained that she decided to post footage of her mishap to social media to warn others of the possible risks of such procedures, but she had no idea that it would go viral.
Isis said: “I didn’t expect it to have such an impact. I posted it to alert people because it was very dangerous and I hadn’t seen anything about it.”
Read More on The Sun
Dermatologist Camila Novak – who was not involved in the procedure – told local media that had Isis not sought immediate help, she could have died.
She said: “An important part of the population can suffer swelling of the mucous membranes, of the lips, of the eyes, it can cause oedema of the glottis, close breathing, it can cause allergies in the whole body.”It took four days for the swelling to go down[/caption]