HAVE you started your Christmas shopping yet?
If you’re unsure what to buy, fear not, Argos has unveiled 15 toys it expects to be on children’s lists this year – including classics like Barbie, Hot Wheels, and LEGO.Argos revealed the top 15 tops set to dominate Christmas lists this year[/caption]
Other lower budget offerings such as the Paw Patrol Big Truck Pups, 12” plush Squishmallow, and the NERF Elite 2.0 Ranger PD-5 Blaster, which are all £18, are also likely to appeal.
Fay Williams, head of toy buying at Argos, said: “This year’s top toy list is a great mixture of classic and much-loved toys such as LEGO as well as newer brands like Squishmallows which have quickly become wish-list staples.
“It’s clear digital entertainment and some of the biggest and most loved film and TV franchises continue to have a massive influence on the most in-demand toys.
Read more on shopping
“It’s great to see classic franchises like Harry Potter, Transformers and Pokémon continue to prove popular amongst children in 2022, alongside the newer ones with cult followings such as Bluey and Paw Patrol.”
It’s good news if you’re a fan of classic toys from Harry Potter and Transformers as they continue to influence the most popular toys.
This includes the Harry Potter Ministry of Magic LEGO set and the LEGO Transformers Optimus Prime figure.
And those waiting for the hotly anticipated Barbie film release next year can enjoy the Barbie Cutie Reveal Snowflake Sparkle Husky.
Most read in Fabulous
If you want to spend more on your gifts this year Dreamworks’ Gabby’s Purrfect Dollhouse clocks in at £89 at the higher end of the scale.
And the most expensive item found is the LEGO Technic McLaren Formula 1 Race Car Model Set, retailing at £170.
Fay Williams, of Argos, added: “With the cost of living on customers’ minds, we wanted to make sure that over half of our top toys were under £50, so parents can still make this time of year special without spending beyond their means.”
ARGOS’ TOP TOYS FOR CHRISTMAS 2022
1. Chad Valley Dinosaur Waterfall Bath Toy – £10
2. Paw Patrol Big Truck Pups – £18
3. Squishmallow – £18
4. NERF Elite 2.0 Ranger PD-5 Blaster – £18
5. Pokemon TCG: Tin – £19
6. Sink N’ Sand Game- £20
7. Jiggly Pets Giraffe – £30
8. Barbie Cutie Reveal Snowflake Sparkle Husky – £33
9. Fisher-Price DJ Bouncin’ Beats Musical Toy – £45
10. Hot Wheels Action Spiral Speed Crash Track Set – £65
11. Bluey S7 School Playset and Adventure Bus Bundle – £75
12. Gabby’s Purrfect Dollhouse – £89
13. LEGO Harry Potter Ministry of Magic Modular Set – £90
14. LEGO Icons Optimus Prime Transformers Robot Model Set – £160
15. LEGO Technic McLaren Formula 1 Race Car Model Set – £170