WFO NEW YORK CITY Warnings, Watches and Advisories for Sunday, July 24, 2022
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service New York NY
437 AM EDT Sun Jul 24 2022
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Heat index values in the upper 90s to lower 100s.
* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut
and southeast New York.
* WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.
A Heat Advisory is issued when the combination of heat and
humidity is expected to make it feel like it is 95 to 99 degrees
for two or more consecutive days, or 100 to 104 degrees for any
length of time.
Seniors and those with chronic health problems or mental health
conditions are at an increased risk. Homes without air
conditioning can be much hotter than outdoor temperatures.
Use air conditioning to stay cool at home or go to a place that
has air conditioning. Check on vulnerable friends, family members
To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and
Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency! In cases of heat stroke call 9 1 1.
* WHAT...Heat index values up to 104.
* WHERE...New York (Manhattan), Bronx, Southern Queens, Richmond
(Staten Island), Kings (Brooklyn) and Northern Queens Counties.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Isolated heat indices of 105 are possible.
New York City...