Paragliding Weather Forecast for the Vancouver, Chilliwack, Bellingham, Seattle, Whistler & Pemberton area, based on data available at 0500.
High pressure with mostly sunny skies.
YVR 3000 ft winds aloft NNW to 13 km/hr becoming WNW to 26 km/hr. Valley wind light E outflow to 5 km/hr becoming strong inflow 20 km/hr early in Chilliwack and Pemberton. Novice peak lapse rate -1.7C/1000ft.
SEA 3000 ft winds aloft NNW to 11 km/hr becoming lN to 20 km/hr. Valley winds light E and becoming light and variable. Novice peak lapse rate -1.8C/1000ft.
iParaglide Right Site Ranking:
1. Paragliding Vancouver: -1.7C/1000ft Novice peak lapse rate. Grouse for GMFT P3 Intermediate Pilots 1000-2000. 90% chances to paraglide.
2. Paragliding Bellingham: -1.7C/1000ft Novice peak lapse rate. Nice easy day for Blanchard. P2 pilots 0800-1900. Paragliding prospects 90%.
3. Paragliding Seattle: -2.0C/1000ft Novice peak lapse rate. Early mixed cloud & sun forecast to clear to sunny skies. Tiger Mtn. early SW wind aloft easing to light and variable winds and smooth and easy conditions. P2 pilots 1000-2000. 80% chances to paraglide.
4. Paragliding Chilliwack: -2.2C/1000ft Novice peak lapse rate. Chilliwack calling for West wind to 20 km/hr by noon. Woodside for P2 pilots 0800-1200 then watch for increasing wind to P3 conditions. Bridal for P2 pilots 1100-1400 the watch for increasing wind to P3 conditions. Chances for paragliding P2 conditions 80% early with increasing wind and P3 conditions in afternoon.
5. Paragliding Pemberton: -3.6 C/1000ft advanced peak lapse rate. Forecast lapse rate is suspect of being higher than actual, looking more like a 3.0 day. However, forecast calling for W wind 20 km/hr in valley NW winds to 26 km/hr at 3000 ft and this may create blown out Whistler express S winds. P2 Pilots early wiht 80% cahnces to fly 0800-1200 then watch for switch to P4 conditions wiht decrasing cahnces to fly and possible arrival of Whistler Express S wind.
6. Paragliding Whistler: -3.7 C/1000ft XXX peak lapse rate. Forecast lapse rate is suspect of being higher than actual but still too strong. Whistler calling for W wind to 20 km/hr early. Paragliding not recommended.