THE Premier League’s two top sides, Liverpool and Man City, face off in the season’s traditional curtain raiser.
Jurgen Klopp’s Reds pushed City all the way but were unable to deny them a second straight title after Pep Guardiola’s men completed a thrilling comeback at home to Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)Manchester City were delighted to have won the summer race for Erling Haaland[/caption]
But the Reds did secure FA Cup glory with the second of two penalty shootout victories over Chelsea they enjoyed at Wembley last season.
Liverpool played out 0-0 draws with the Blues in both the FA Cup and League Cup finals but emerged triumphant in both matches after they went to a shootout.
Victory for Jurgen Klopp’s men in the FA Cup final has seen them qualify for the Community Shield, in which the league and cup winners face off.
READ MORE LIVERPOOL NEWS
When is the Community Shield?
- The Community Shield takes place on Saturday, July 30.
- The match kicks off at 5pm UK time.
- It takes place at Leicester’s King Power Stadium, as Wembley is being used for the Women’s Euro 2022 final.
- In last year’s Community Shield, Man City were stunned by Leicester as their former striker Kelechi Iheanacho converted a last minute penalty.
- Last time Man City played Liverpool, the teams played out a 2-2 draw in the Premier League at the Etihad.
READ MORE MAN CITY NEWS
What TV channel is Liverpool vs Man City on and can I live stream it?
- The Community Shield is live on ITV.
- To stream the game live, head to the ITV Hub.
Can I watch the Community Shield for free?
Yes. ITV is FREE for all UK viewers with a TV licence.
It’s a clash to whet the appetites of Premier League fans with both sides set to hand competitive debuts to their high profile new strikers.
Erling Haaland joined Man City for a mere £51m back in June while Liverpool forked out £85m for Benfica’s Darwin Nunez.
Liverpool’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is the only player ruled out by injury for either side.
Man City 11/8
*Odds from Betfair correct as of Saturday, July 23