- UK doctors condemn ‘shambolic’ rollout of jabs to children
- Fifth of Covid hospital admissions are aged 18-34, says NHS England
- Sydney Covid Delta variant outbreak ‘an epidemic of young people’
- Indonesia Covid deaths pass 100,000 as Delta overwhelms hospitals
- ‘They thought Covid only kills white people’: myths hinder jabs in DRC
The Delta variant caused an inflection point in the battle against the Covid-19 pandemic in the United States.
Experts have answered key questions to better understand the balance between the newly understood risk of transmission of the Delta variant with the strong protection vaccines continue to provide.
It’s Robyn Vinter here, dipping into the live blog while Nicola takes a well-earned break.
France’s constitutional court has just ruled that a new law requiring the public to hold a health pass to access bars and restaurants and health workers to be vaccinated against Covid-19 by mid-September largely complied with the republic’s founding charter, Reuters reports.