The fatal attack happened in West Pullman.
Eighteen people were shot, one fatally, in Chicago Wednesday.
The fatal attack occurred inside a West Pullman home on the Far South Side. Two gunmen entered the home in the first block of East 118th Place and opened fire about 4 p.m., Chicago police said. Maurice Morris, 34, was struck in the head and pronounced dead at the scene.
- Two men were shot in Gresham on the South Side. About 11:30 p.m., they were standing on the street in the 8100 block of South Elizabeth Street when someone inside a passing black sedan fired at them, police said. A 19-year-old man was struck in the left leg and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition. A 46-year-old man was struck in the right arm and taken to the same hospital in good condition.
- Minutes earlier, two men were shot in South Chicago on the South Side. About 11:05 p.m., they were in the 8800 block of South Burley Avenue when someone fired at them, police said. A 38-year-old man was struck in the buttocks and a 42-year-old man was struck in the left arm. The 38-year-old was brought to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition, while the older man was taken to Trinity Hospital in good condition.
- A 29-year-old man was shot during an attempted robbery in Lawndale on the West Side. About 10:40 p.m., he was in the 3000 block of West Flournoy Avenue when he was shot in the back by three people who were attempting to rob him, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.
- A 13-year-old boy and another teen were shot in East Garfield Park on the West Side. The two were sitting in the back of a car around 7 p.m. in the first block of North Hamlin Avenue when someone opened fire, police said. The 19-year-old victim was shot in his left land and the 13-year-old was shot in his neck. Both were dropped off by a friend at Rush University Medical Center, where the 19-year-old’s condition was stabilized. The 13-year-old was transferred to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
- About 30 minutes earlier, a woman was shot in South Shore on the Far South Side. The woman, 42, was in an apartment when she was shot in the chest just before 6:35 p.m. in the 7800 block of South Constance Avenue, police said. She was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition.
- A man was wounded while riding in a car in West Town on the Near West Side. The man, 28, was riding in a car just before 6 p.m. in the 300 block of North Loomis Street, when someone opened fire, police said. The man was shot in the left leg and groin. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.
Eight others were wounded in shootings citywide.
Two people were killed, and 11 others were wounded, in shootings Tuesday in Chicago.