Good morning and welcome to your weekday morning roundup of the top stories you need to know.
For more daily and weekly briefings, sign up for our newsletters here.
What's going on today:
- A very powerful kitchen hangout. Elon Musk showed up in Richard Branson's kitchen at 3 a.m. to wish Branson luck before flying into space. On Sunday morning, the Virgin Group CEO flew to the edge of space.
- Trump praises Ashli Babbitt. On the phone with Fox News on Sunday, Trump praised Ashli Babbitt, the Capitol rioter who was killed by police on January 6: "Who was the person that shot an innocent, wonderful, incredible woman, a military woman?"
- US doctor arrested by Haitian authorities. Christian Emmanuel Sanon, a Haitian-born doctor based in Florida, has been arrested as a suspect in the assassination of Haiti President Jovenel Moïse. He's the third American arrested in relation to the killing.
- India proposes 2-child policy. India is taking a leaf from China's population playbook with a proposed two-child policy in two states. In Uttar Pradesh, couples with two children who opt for voluntary sterilization could get incentives including tax rebates, subsidies for home purchases, and cash back.
- Factor owner in Bangladesh arrested after deadly fire. On Thursday, a fire broke out in a Bangladesh juice factory, killing 52 people. Children as young as 11 are among the missing and the dead. Workers were trapped inside the burning factory because the entrance was padlocked, police told Agence-France Presse.
- Sea cucumber heist gone wrong. Eleven poachers in Japan were caught trying to make off with more than 1,500 pounds - $20,000 worth - of sea cucumbers. Sea cucumbers are a delicacy in East Asia, particularly in China, and they can fetch more than $3,000 per kilogram.
That's all for now. See you tomorrow.