If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners. Learn more.
Memorial Day is one of the best times to shop for mattresses as brands offer some of the biggest discounts you'll find during the year. Mattress companies like Casper, Leesa, Helix, and more are pulling out the stops this holiday with sales on their most popular and newest mattresses, along with freebies like sheets, pillows, and shipping.
Historically, sales on mattresses hit a peak at Memorial Day and don't see discounts as steep again until Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you're contemplating taking the plunge on a new mattress, now is the time to buy.
Below, we've outlined the best mattress deals and sales across the web, the best discounts on our top-rated mattress, and some exclusive discounts for Insider readers that you can take advantage of year-round. We'll continue to update this page with new sales as they become available.
Keep reading to learn about the best deals on mattresses or find more Memorial Day sales here
- Casper: Use code INSIDER to save $100 on the Original mattress or $200 on the Nova or Wave mattresses
- Cocoon by Sealy: Use code INSIDER36 for 36% off sitewide
- DreamCloud: Get $200 off a mattress and $399 in free accessories with code INSIDER
- Leesa: Save an additional 20% off Hybrid and Legend mattresses with code INSIDER
- Nectar: Use code INSIDER to save (discount increases with mattress size)
- Allswell: 20% off all mattresses with code MEMDAY
- Avocado: Save $250 on the organic luxury plush mattress with code MEMORIALDAY, Save $100 on latex mattresses with code HONOR, save $100 on green and vegan hybrid mattresses with code HONOR
- Awara: $300 off mattresses + $499 in free accessories
- Bear: 25% off sitewide + $250 free gift set with code MD25
- Big Fig Mattress: $300 off The Big Fig Mattress with code MEMDAY
- Birch: $200 off mattresses + 2 free pillows with code MEMORIALDAY200
- Brooklyn Bedding: 25% off sitewide with code MEMORIAL25
- Casper: 15% off mattresses and 10% off everything else
- Cocoon by Sealy: 35% off chill mattresses + free pillows and sheets with every purchase
- DreamCloud: $200 off mattresses + $399 in free accessories
- Eight Sleep: $150 off mattresses with code AFF150
- Emma: 35% off all mattresses
- GhostBed: Up to 30% of mattresses + 2 free pillows
- Helix: Save $200 off on orders of $1,750 or more with code MEMORIALDAY200, $150 off orders of $1,250 or more with code MEMORIALDAY150, or $100 off orders of $600 or more with code MEMORIALDAY100, + 2 free pillows
- Leesa: Up to $500 off mattresses + 2 free pillows
- Nectar: $399 of accessories with every mattress purchase
- Nolah: Up to $800 off mattresses + 2 free pillows
- Purple: Up to $400 off mattresses and bundles
- Saatva: $200 off mattress purchases of $975 or more
- Sleep Number: Save $800 on 360 i8 smart bed and $1,000 on 360 Special Edition smart bed; BOGO 50% off all pillows; savings for military
- Tempur-Pedic: Save up to $500 on adjustable mattress sets + $300 in free accessories; 20% off Tempur Toppers plus free gift; 2 for $99 Tempur-Cloud Pillows
- Tuft & Needle: Up to 20% off sitewide
- Wayfair: Mattresses starting at $130 with sales on big names like Sealy, Casper, Serta, and Simmons
When do Memorial Day mattress deals start?
Memorial Day mattress sales are already underway and we expect them to peak during the weekend of May 28. Last year, we saw some mattress deals lasting a few weeks beyond Memorial Day weekend, but we recommend taking advantage of the sales before then, since extended sales are never guaranteed.
What mattresses are typically discounted on Memorial Day?
Almost every major mattress brand and retailer offers some type of savings on Memorial Day weekend; it's one of the industry's biggest events of the year. If there's a mattress you've been eyeing, chances are it will be on sale.
When is the best time to buy a mattress?
Historically, we've seen the lowest prices on mattresses during Memorial Day weekend and again during Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
What's the best mattress to buy?
There is no one-size-fits-all mattress, which is why we've outlined picks for all different types of sleepers in our guide to the best mattresses. Our sleep reporter has tested more than 30 mattresses and outlines picks for all different sleeping styles, body types, and preferences.