CARL FRAMPTON is aiming to make history on Saturday night.
Should the Belfast star, 34, beat Jamel Herring, 35, over in Dubai he’ll be Ireland’s FIRST ever three-weight world champion. And before the main event there’s a stacked undercard to sink your teeth into.
When is Carl Frampton vs Jamel Herring?
- Carl Frampton vs Jamel Herring takes place on Saturday, April 3 live from Dubai.
- Herring’s WBO super-featherweight title is on the line.
- Expect the main event to start at around 10pm BST.
How can I watch Carl Frampton vs Jamel Herring undercard?
- Carl Frampton vs Jamel Herring undercard is set to be streamed live for FREE on IFL TV’s YouTube channel.
- The undercard is set to get underway from 7pm BST.
- You can also watch undercard highlights on free-to-air TV on Channel 5, with the station showing the undercard following the finish of the main event. Channel 5 begin their coverage at 10pm.
What is the undercard?
- Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton (WBO World super-featherweight title)
- Zhankosh Turarov vs Tyrone McKenna (WBO Inter-Continental super-lightweight title)
- Donnie Nietes vs Pablo Carrillo (vacant WBO International super-flyweight title)
- Tursynbay Kulakhmet vs Heber Rondon (WBC International super-welterweight title)
- Faizan Anwar vs Evgenii Vazem (welterweight)
- Keyshawn Davis vs Richman Ashelley (lightweight)
- Fahad Al Bloushi vs Suraj (super featherweight)
What have they said?
Frampton: “Boxing has given me plenty more than it has taken out
“If I was training like I used to and doing the amount of sparring rounds I used to do then I would not be where I am now. It was just not good for you physically or mentally.
“Getting your head shaken that often, doing 220 rounds of sparring before every fight – and a lot of those up against light-middleweights – is madness when I think about it.
“I owe boxing a lot, there have been so many good times but a few bad times too.”
Herring: “I am saying, when I win I want to unify or go up in weight to fight another champion.
“I respect Carl Frampton, I have been a fan of his for years and hopefully when this is all done we can sit down and be friends and laugh about our fight.
“But I still have this hunger, his career is set, he has done it all and can walk away happily now.
“I have so much more I have to accomplish.”