On February 12, US forces withdrew from one of their bases in northeastern Syria, according to the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA).
The state-run news agency said American troops evacuated the base, which is located in Tell ‘Alo in the northeastern al-Hasakah countryside, and withdrew to Iraq territory.
“At dawn, American occupation forces began evacuating their vehicles, military equipment and soldiers from their base in the silos of Tell ‘Alo in the Yarubiyah area,” the SANA’s reporter said. “Occupation forces completely evacuated the said base this afternoon, and moved their vehicles, military equipment and soldiers who were there to Iraq territory via the illegal al-Yarubiyah crossing.”
This is the first base in northeastern Syria to be evacuated by US forces since the Turkish attack in 2019. Back then, US forces withdrew from northeastern Aleppo, Raqqa and some bases in al-Hasakah.
Earlier this month, the US-led coalition deployed reinforcements in northeastern Syria. Some of the reinforcements were moved by helicopters to the coalition’s base in al-Shaddadi in al-Hasakah southern countryside.
The withdrawal of US forces from Tell ‘Alo base was likely a part of the coalition’s ongoing redeployed in northeastern Syria. There are no reports of a near US withdrawal from the region.
- After Harassment From Turkish Forces, Russian Military Police Deploy Reinforcements In Syria’s Manbij (Video)
- Russian, Turkish Forces Conducted Joint Exercise In Syria’s Greater Idlib (Video)
The post US Forces Withdrew From Base In Northeastern Syria: SANA appeared first on .