- Google Maps is getting a series of updates to make traveling safer during the holidays.
- Google is updating the COVID layer on Google Maps to include more information, such as all-time cases in an area, locations of testing sites, local guidelines, and more.
- These updates should begin to appear in the Google Maps app in the coming weeks.
As the coronavirus pandemic spirals out of control in the United States once again, your best bet is to stay home as often as you can. The problem is that the holidays are fast approaching, and millions of Americans haven't seen their friends and families since lockdowns first began in March. But the infection rate is higher than ever before, and while avoiding people should be a priority, many Americans are going to be traveling in the coming weeks anyway, either out of necessity or because they simply can't stand missing Thanksgiving or Christmas.
If you're one of those Americans, you should take every precaution to ensure that you don't get sick by wearing your mask, avoiding large gatherings, washing your hands frequently, and downloading Google Maps, which has recently been updated with some important COVID-19 safety features ahead of the holiday season.
Today's Best Deal
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon’s week-long Black Friday 2020 sale is official – here are all the best deals
- Amazon’s Black Friday TV deals just launched with prices from $80
- Why pay $100+ for 3M N95 masks when these $2 FDA-authorized masks work even better?
Trending Right Now:
- These are the side effects of Moderna’s groundbreaking coronavirus vaccine
- Stop doing these things immediately, or Dr. Fauci says you risk catching COVID-19
- Dr. Fauci says there’s only one man to blame if coronavirus vaccines are delayed
Google Maps gets new features to keep you safe from COVID-19 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 18:13:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.