- Idaho line worker who helped restore power in Central Oklahoma needs help finding his pet raccoon in Norman
- 'We are going to run out of resources' – metro hospitals working to squeeze in as many COVID-19 patients as possible
- Cashion man dies in Garvin County vehicle crash
- Experimental plane crashes in Seminole County
- Wrong-way driver accused of 4 counts of 2nd-degree murder following fiery crash in October
LUTHER, Okla. (KFOR) – Luther police are investigating the shooting death of a grandmother, a shooting that authorities say appears to beaccidental.
Police were called to a residence in the 18900 block of Northeast 178th Street Tuesday evening regarding a shooting.
A 74-year-old woman died from her injuries at the scene. She was pronounced dead by paramedics.
The woman, whose name police are not yet releasing, was shot in the back inside a residence located near Luther High School.
Capt. Chris Fetters with the Luther Police Department said five people were inside the home.
A family member was holding a gun that was believed to be unloaded. Fetters said the gun accidentally discharged.
Fetters said that while the shooting appears to have been accidental, the investigation is ongoing. He described the shooting as a "tragic accident."