8 more highlights battling for 4 spots in Round 2
On Monday, the Oakland A’s Twitter account introduced a bracket to determine the Best A’s Moment of 2020. There are 16 highlights to choose from, facing off against each other in a public vote, single-elimination style. This decision is up to the fans, so let’s pitch in!
The first day saw half of Round 1, with four ballots on the slate for consideration. The final results of Monday, which all went in favor of the chalk:
- No. 1 Hendriks WCS save (74.8%) DEF No. 16 Kemp slide (25.2%)
- No. 4 Laureano robs HR (83.7%) DEF No. 13 Olson/Diekman (16.3%)
- No. 5 La Stella juggle catch (69.1%) DEF No. 12 Pinder catch (30.9%)
- No. 8 Pinder HR (63.3%) DEF No. 9 Soria double play (36.7%)
Now for the rest of Round 1. Here are the next matchups for you to vote on today (Tue).
First up are two athletic defensive plays, No. 2 Canha catch vs. No. 15 Bassitt grab
Canha or Bassitt?— Oakland A's (@Athletics) November 17, 2020
Next we’ve got No. 3 Olson walk-off slam vs. No. 14 Grossman catch.
Only one can move on to Round 2…— Oakland A's (@Athletics) November 17, 2020
It’s clutch offense vs. clutch defense with No. 6 Piscotty go-ahead slam vs. No. 11 Kemp double play.
Stephen or Tony??— Oakland A's (@Athletics) November 17, 2020
And finally, two more defensive gems against major rivals (Astros and Giants, respectively), with No. 7 Laureano game-ender vs. No. 10 Olson throw to third.
Who ya got— Oakland A's (@Athletics) November 17, 2020
As a reminder, here’s the full list of 16 moments, followed by an image of the bracket layout. The plays that are crossed out on the list have been eliminated, though those results aren’t yet reflected in the original bracket below.
- Hendriks shuts door to save Wild Card Series win
- Canha catch at the wall (Joe Rudi style)
- Olson walk-off grand slam on Opening Day
- Laureano home run robbery (vs. Brian Goodwin)
- La Stella juggle catch (in Wild Card Series)
- Piscotty go-ahead slam (vs. Giants)
- Laureano game-ending catch (vs. Astros)
- Pinder pinch-hit homer (vs. Giants)
Soria inning-ending DP in WCS Game 3
- Olson throws to third (vs. Giants/Solano)
- Kemp diving double play
Pinder crashing catch at wall Olson glove flip to Diekman
- Grossman catch against wall
- Bassitt over-the-shoulder play
Kemp dodge at home plate (vs. Rockies)
Lacking some Monday motivation? Allow us to distract you with the 2020 Best A’s Moment Bracket Challenge! Pick your favorite plays all week long and we’ll crown the ultimate champ on Friday. pic.twitter.com/msDSoTWAUM— Oakland A's (@Athletics) November 16, 2020
Don’t forget to vote!