A MUM was left horrified after her little girl broke out in a red itchy rash after she claims she used a shower gel from Lush.
Rebecca Moore says she purchased the Sleepy shower gel by the brand from one of its stores in Birmingham on June 18.Little Anais was left with a red itchy rash after using the shower gel [/caption]
The 38-year-old from Tamworth, Staffordshire had purchased several other products on her visit.
She says she decided to use the shower gel on her seven-year-old daughter Anais.
But Rebecca claims that just 30 seconds later, Anais was covered in large, red, itchy patches all over her body.
In order to soothe the rash Rebecca applied E45 cream.
She said: “We bought the products from a Lush store in Birmingham on 18th June.The family had enjoyed a shopping trip and had purchased several products from Lush[/caption] After using the Sleepy shower gel, little Anais had a rash all over her [/caption]
“She used the lush shower gel and within 30 secs this rash appeared all over her top half.
“I immediately took her out of the bath and popped some E45 cream on.
“She was itchy all over but the cream managed to sort out.
“This is no good considering Lush is meant to use all-natural products.”
The Sleepy Shower gel was designed to help people drift to sleep as it contains scents such as lavender, the Lush website states.
The shower gel is made up of mainly natural ingredients but the website highlights the ingredients that aren’t natural, with several being labelled as “safe synthetics”.Anais was covering in red marks after using the product [/caption]
A synthetic ingredient is classed as an ingredient that has not been directly harvested from nature.
Lush’s website states: “These non-toxic, odourless, colourless, and inexpensive chemical preservatives revolutionised the industry because products that once had a shelf life of months could be stored for years, which drastically reduced wastage.”
The mum-of-two said this was not the first time her daughter reacted to Lush products.
Most read in Fabulous
During Christmas time last year, Rebecca also claimed that Anais once turned bright red after taking a bath with a Lush’s Intergalactic bath bomb.
Rebecca added: “At Christmas, I treated her to a bath bomb and as soon as I put her in the bath, she was bright red.”
Similar to the shower gel the bath bomb is made with natural ingredients but also includes “safe synthetics”.
The Sun has contacted Lush for comment.