- World still at beginning of pandemic, WHO expert warns
- ‘I up-played it’: Trump disputes own admission on pandemic
- Sweden spared European surge as infections stay low
- England: ‘There are no more tests today’
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Here are the key developments from the last few hours:
The Financial Times is reporting that the proportion of people in England being told they have tested positive within a day has collapsed from 63% at the beginning of the month to just 8% this week. The paper reports:
The collapse in testing speeds, first reported by statistician Chris Drake, meant that on Tuesday, half of those receiving a positive result had taken the test at least three days earlier, and for a quarter of the cases the news took four days or more to come.Continue reading...