US Navy/MCS 3rd Class Will Hardy
- A US Navy guided-missile destroyer conducted a freedom of navigation operation off of Venezuela on Tuesday, the second such operation this year.
- The operation comes amid broader tensions between the US and Venezuela, and as US military assets patrol the region and as Iranian tankers continue to arrive in Venezuela.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The US military said Tuesday that a Navy guided-missile destroyer sailed along the coast of Venezuela in what the command responsible for the region called a "freedom of navigation operation."
US Southern Command said in a release that the USS Nitze sailed in international waters outside 12-nautical-mile limit on territorial waters and "lawfully navigated an area the illegitimate Maduro regime falsely claims to have control over, a claim that is inconsistent with international law."See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- 14 racist brands, mascots, and logos that were considered just another part of American life
- The 50 best TV show seasons of all time, according to critics
- US Navy fighter jet from aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt crashed into the Pacific during training flight